Job Title : IT Specialist
Job Code : IT 2231F
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
replacing parts as required;
providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
supporting the roll-out of new applications;
setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers;
testing and evaluating new technology;
conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
· Years of Experience: 2 or more years of IT experience in a business environment.
· Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high stress environment and ensuring follow-through on every task & project.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Up-to-date technical knowledge
• An in depth understanding of the software and equipment your customers/employees are using